Around the film
Originally, Cary Grant was considered for the role of Linus, but he turned it down, and the role went to Bogart. Known for his roles as detectives and adventurers, Bogart was cast as an intelligent businessman who gradually transforms into a romantic character.
During the filming of the movie, Audrey Hepburn and the seducer, William Holden, began a love affair that caused a scandal. Also before the shooting, Humphrey Bogart wanted his wife Lauren Bacall to play the role of Sabrina. He complained that Hepburn needed too many takes to get the dialogue right and pointed out her inexperience.
- Humphrey Bogart as Linus Larrabee
- Audrey Hepburn as Sabrina Fairchild
- William Holden as David Larrabee
- Walter Hampden as Oliver Larrabee, Linus and David’s father
- John Williams as Thomas Fairchild, Sabrina’s father
- Martha Hyer as Elizabeth Tyson, David’s fiancée
- Joan Vohs as Gretchen Van Horn
- Marcel Dalio as Baron St. Fontanel
- Marcel Hillaire as The Professor, Sabrina’s culinary instructor
- Nella Walker as Maude Larrabee, Linus and David’s mother
- Francis X. Bushman as Mr. Tyson, Elizabeth’s father
- Ellen Corby as Miss McCardle, Linus’s secretary
- Nancy Kulp, as Jenny, one of the Larrabees’ maids.